We’ve published a new version of the WCC today and there are some key changes for project developers and landowners to note:
There is a new standard document, and new template documents for all stages (registration, validation and verification). If you haven’t yet started on your documentation, please use the new Version 2.1 documents (Version 2.4 for the carbon calculator).
Registration: After 30 June 2021, projects have to be registered BEFORE PLANTING STARTS
- If you planted this winter (20/21) and were planning on registering, make sure you submit by 30 June 2021.
- If you are planting next winter (21/22), make sure you register before you plant.
Registration, Validation or Verification: If you have started preparing documents for any of these stages, you have until 30 June 2021 to submit your project using the current version of documents. After that date all projects must be submitted on the new Version 2.1 documents (Version 2.4 for the Carbon Calculator).
Key changes/ additions to the guidance:
- Additionality: We have created a new WCC Cashflow Spreadsheet with a Guidance Document to help you complete it.
- Carbon Calculation: We have added options for natural colonisation/ regeneration, made some cosmetic changes to the WCC Carbon Calculation spreadsheet and added a new Guidance Document.
- Monitoring your project: We have added further information about monitoring your project including:
- An updated survey protocol
- Further guidance on monitoring from year 15 onwards including
- Full Monitoring and verification procedures
- Basic Monitoring and verification for projects who use the small projects calculator
- A Self-Assessment option which can be used if certain criteria are met.